Thursday, March 31, 2022

 Only if I were a shadow


If only I were a shadow, a ghost without a face and name

If only I could keep moving, through lands and seas all the same


I could walk along a blindman and help him along the treacherous fare

I could wipe the tears of an orphan child and tell her it's gonna change

I could lift the weight of a broken dog and tend with kindness and care

I could bring some peace to this selfish world, and teach it to care and share



If only I were the pouring rain, my waters won't need no country no cavalry

If only I was the desert sand, my heat won’t need no friend no family


I could quench the thirst of a hundred souls, burdened with life and vane

I could heat the hearths of a thousand homes, keep them warm from pain

I could feed the roots of a million trees, and mend the homes of so many more

I could bring some peace to this heartless world, a greedy world gone insane



If only I were a faceless being, no colour no race to call my own

If only I were a nameless being, no religion no language to claim on me


I could transcend borders beyond fences and walls, no passports no identity

I could call everyone my kind and kin, no prejudice no contracts no bounds

I could see the world as its truest self, be a part of its very many sights and sounds

I could be rustle of the winds, the smell of the seas, be one with the floating clouds



If only I was no man, no woman, nobody’s child and parent to none

If only I did not belong to a God, no country, no culture, nothing, no one

If only I was beyond right and wrong, nothing to cheer, nobody to frown 

If only I was a vagabond, a wanderer, no money no love and no crown 



If only I could, not see the dark, the lies, the ruse and the game

If only I could, not hear the cries, the bombs, the fear and the blame

If only I could, not feel the hunger, the cold, the death and the pain

If only I could, forget the bad, the bullets, the blood and the shame



May be then

May be this world, would start making more sense…..

No comments:

Post a Comment